Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time.....

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time..... Empty Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time..... April 10th 2013, 5:37 am

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

The Wii U’s use of an integrated second screen poses a notable threat to Microsoft and Sony’s rival machines.

That’s according to design legend Shigeru Miyamoto who speaking to CNN said that the Wii U’s impact will grow considerably over time.

"The challenge that we had was if someone wanted to view television, then you couldn't play games,” he explained. “We wanted to have a second screen for Wii U that would make it possible for people to essentially play games even if something else was on the TV.

"There was a period when we first released the Nintendo DS that people would say there's no way people can look at two screens at once.

"I almost feel like, as people get more familiar with Wii U and these touchscreen interfaces, that there is going to come a point where they feel like 'I can't do everything I want to do if I don't have a second screen'."

Miyamoto also believes that Wii U has another ace up its sleeve – the fact that its design affords it a purpose as a general living room device.

"I almost feel like, as people get more familiar with Wii U and these touchscreen interfaces, that there is going to come a point where they feel like 'I can't do everything I want to do if I don't have a second screen'."

Miyamoto also believes that Wii U has another ace up its sleeve – the fact that its design affords it a purpose as a general living room device.

"I feel a device like Wii U, with its ability to continue to offer new features and that network connection and the connection to the TV and the interface, really makes it feel that it's more than just a game machine, but something that offers a lot of practical use and practical purpose in the living room," he added.

"I look at it as being a very useful device that can do many different things and therefore really seems to be the device that's ideal to have in the living room.

"The other thing I think about is how do we begin getting people to understand that and convey the usefulness of Wii U to them. For me as a game developer, obviously I look at Wii U from the perspective of what games I can bring to Wii U."

2Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time..... Empty Re: Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time..... April 10th 2013, 9:23 am

U&V~Doc

U&V~Doc
U&V Member
U&V Member

The concept is great but I still done see its cost value. They only have half the games and no new maps. if they wont invest why should we?

3Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time..... Empty Re: Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time..... April 10th 2013, 5:19 pm

Admin

Admin

U&V~Doc wrote:The concept is great but I still done see its cost value. They only have half the games and no new maps. if they wont invest why should we?

After getting the Wiiu - checking various 'stuff' out & (trying) to play BO2, I think you're on the right track Doc! I think perhaps I made a bad invenstment on the Wiiu, but what's done is done. Sad I'm sure this post will get some replies, but I say wait-n-see for those of you that don't have the Wiiu yet. I personally find it a bit disappointing... DUHH!

4Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time..... Empty Re: Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time..... April 10th 2013, 6:01 pm

U&V~Chef

U&V~Chef
Administrator
Administrator

I'm hoping that it will get better but then again it hasn't in the past so my hopes aren't too high. The only reason i have some hope for it is because it has a much better OS than the wii did. Still won't play dvds, bullshit I think!!

5Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time..... Empty Re: Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time..... April 10th 2013, 7:41 pm

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

U&V~Doc wrote:The concept is great but I still done see its cost value. They only have half the games and no new maps. if they wont invest why should we?

that's exactly what i wanted to point out =(

6Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time..... Empty Re: Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time..... April 10th 2013, 7:42 pm

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

U&V~Chef wrote:I'm hoping that it will get better but then again it hasn't in the past so my hopes aren't too high. The only reason i have some hope for it is because it has a much better OS than the wii did. Still won't play dvds, bullshit I think!!

Miyamoto have said that you can find dvd players in the garbage these days. LOL I am serious I think he said something like that.

7Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time..... Empty Re: Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time..... April 11th 2013, 11:25 am

U&V~Doc

U&V~Doc
U&V Member
U&V Member

I still use DVDs. But I tend to stream more than anything though. Originally I bought the Wii cause it was cheap and easy. Not so anymore so sad.

8Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time..... Empty Re: Miyamoto: Give the Wii-U time..... April 17th 2013, 12:48 pm

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

U&V~Doc wrote:I still use DVDs. But I tend to stream more than anything though. Originally I bought the Wii cause it was cheap and easy. Not so anymore so sad.

i LOVE streaming and adding my stuff in hard drives. Saves space, time, and dust. Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum