Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Review: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii-U

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

Whether you’re playing on 3DS or Wii U, you’re getting the same experience, which is pretty remarkable in itself. You can transfer your save between the two platforms using a free app from the eStore. You can play online on Wii U, but not on 3DS – and if there’s four of you in a room together, you can play locally on three handheld consoles and one Wii U, and the TV screen becomes an HD showcase for your battle - which is by far the most exciting way to play. Monster Hunter really comes alive in multiplayer, so you’ll want to coerce some friends into playing with you. Show them a few of the best battles, though, and they probably won’t need much persuasion.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is a good update of a great game that is starting to show its age, but it’s still very much worth your time and money. The monsters are stunning, the fights can be incomparably exhilarating, and the 3DS and Wii U connectivity is really impressive – even if the online infrastructure is still rather archaic. There’s just enough new stuff for Monster Hunter addicts to get into, and if you’ve never dived into this complex and rewarding series, this is the best opportunity yet.

The Verdict 88/100 - www.ign.com

celebrate Can't wait!

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

M3llOWJ3llO wrote: celebrate Can't wait!

cheers2

MikeZilla562

MikeZilla562

i have it rite nowwwwwww its awesoommeeeee

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

i am so so SORRY but I had to LOL. I sold Monster HUnter back to gamestop ROFL.

its NOT a bad game. Its just that I have played

Doablo 3
League of legends
World of Warcraft
Neverwinter knights 1&2
TERA online

But monster hunter feels like a prequel for me. Has the same mechanics because "I've done it all" with the other games.

***I am not saying its a bad again. I wish MELLOW played something like WOW and then you will see what I mean.

*Just 1 example. WOW has professions like:

Blacksmithing
Herbalism
Jewelcrafting
Archaeology
Cooking
Enchanting
Engineering
Leatherworking
Tailoring

So if you love Monster Hunter then a game like WOW should'nt be missed. Trust me.

Haha good info. I'm not motavated to play much of anything ATM.

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

U&V~VOID wrote:Haha good info. I'm not motavated to play much of anything ATM.

Get ur big panda ass with STEAMBOX this fall!!!!

*its a big poppa console :P

1k for top end unit... Holy jebus!!!

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

U&V~VOID wrote:1k for top end unit... Holy jebus!!!

na na na. Its a hybrid PC-Console. Rumors has it that VALVE will release 2 versions of it. $399 and $499(TBD).

PS4 @ $399
Xbox 720 @ $399
Steambox @ $399-$499 TBD

Go to this thread so you can see what STEAM services offer.

https://mwr-clan.forummotion.com/t3218-a-new-generation-of-gaming#28443

U&V~KAOS

U&V~KAOS
U&V Member
U&V Member

from what i seen in videos it almost looks like that monster hunter is similar to final fantasy games.

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

U&V~KAOS wrote:from what i seen in videos it almost looks like that monster hunter is similar to final fantasy games.

It is except that its action combat unlike Final Fantasy. In FF you stand still selecting attacks.

U&V~KAOS

U&V~KAOS
U&V Member
U&V Member

ya i noticed that. i might get it n tryit out or rent it n see if i like it. and get assassins creed 3 looks pretty fun and a switch from the shooter games.

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

U&V~KAOS wrote:ya i noticed that. i might get it n tryit out or rent it n see if i like it. and get assassins creed 3 looks pretty fun and a switch from the shooter games.

Rent it first........

http://www.gamefly.com/

U&V~KAOS

U&V~KAOS
U&V Member
U&V Member

no gamefly in canada lol. and hardly any movie rental places anymore all the big ones are closing lol getting there ass kicked by netflix and walmart lol i will raid blockbuster some day when i got time. hmm its friday tomorrow maybe on the way home from work. if they even got good wiiu games there yet for rent.

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

U&V~KAOS wrote:no gamefly in canada lol. and hardly any movie rental places anymore all the big ones are closing lol getting there ass kicked by netflix and walmart lol i will raid blockbuster some day when i got time. hmm its friday tomorrow maybe on the way home from work. if they even got good wiiu games there yet for rent.

ahhhh ic ok.

This is the best game on the Wii U right now. You're slackin Kepto.

U&V~KAOS

U&V~KAOS
U&V Member
U&V Member

Assassin creed 3 is badass too. I bought it saturday

U&V~KAOS wrote:Assassin creed 3 is badass too. I bought it saturday

Yeah that's a good game too. I'm also buyin Need for Speed. I'm a fan of racing games and this game looks beautiful on the Wii U.

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

M3llOWJ3llO wrote:
U&V~KAOS wrote:Assassin creed 3 is badass too. I bought it saturday

Yeah that's a good game too. I'm also buyin Need for Speed. I'm a fan of racing games and this game looks beautiful on the Wii U.

I hear you but WOW has all that and more >< I am not lying lol

U&V~KAOS

U&V~KAOS
U&V Member
U&V Member

I tried wow but think my internet is to slow for it

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

U&V~KAOS wrote:I tried wow but think my internet is to slow for it

Dang that sucks =(