Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Modding Team Claims they Hacked Wii-U

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Modding Team Claims they Hacked Wii-U Empty Modding Team Claims they Hacked Wii-U April 30th 2013, 9:20 pm

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

Modding Team Claims to Have Cracked the Wii U

A new device has been developed to mod the Wii U's hardware.

“Yes, it’s real - we have now completely reversed the Wii U drive authentification, disk encryption, file system, and everything else needed for this next generation K3y. Stay tuned for updates!”

Back in 2007, the original Wiikey 1 launched as one of the most popular mod chips for Nintendo’s motion-controlled hardware meant to circumvent security protocols. It was compatible with all Wii consoles and stood as the first chip to be fully updatable by DVD. Many updates have come since that time, but this is the first device built for the Wii U.

However, a few members of the NeoGaf community have helped to explain what they expect the product will actually be capable of accomplishing when it launches. User KojiKnight claims that it will allow 1:1 backups (no hacked/cheated games), but doesn’t see it being able to enable homebrew, help hackers break the Wii U's game or system encryptions, or allow cheaters to hack online games.

Many questions remain. Will the mod survive an official system update? Can a modded system run back-up games? We’ll just have to “stay tuned” for now before any more solid information is unearthed.

**This is going to suck major ass if released***

Admin

Admin

-Kind of expected this. I hope it's a myth though.-

Nice post Kepto. Please do keep us "in the know". clap

U&V~Chef

U&V~Chef
Administrator
Administrator

This is interesting for sure!

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

I dont think its a myth. Wiikey team is no joke. They were the first ones to release the USB dongles for the PS3.

**I suspect the wait is to prepare for Nintendo's future firmware updates.

U&V~Ginks

U&V~Ginks
Administrator
Administrator

I hope Nintendo will do something about this if it's true...

Goddam nerds need to find a girlfriend of a life.

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

U&V~DeathDealer wrote:Goddam nerds need to find a girlfriend of a life.

LOL

which ones are worst? Nerds or gangsters?

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

BAD NEWS Shocked Shocked

Wii U now Confirmed to be Hacked, First Game Dumped

After the announcement of the Wii U Key which breaks Wii U’s security, a modding scene has released the first game dump.

The Avengers: Battle for Earth becomes the first unlucky Wii U game to be dumped and weighs in at 23GB. We will of course not be posting the direct link to that, but it looks like every game is padded to fill out the disc. It’s not clear whether the padded content can be removed at this stage or not.

The modding scene known as ‘Venom’ is quite an old player and this looks like a really bad news for Nintendo. The company had earlier released a statement saying that they were aware of “that a hacking group claims to have compromised Wii U security”, and they will be taking necessary legal steps to stop piracy.

The Wii U key enables piracy and doesn’t really benefit the homebrew scene much, so this is something that isn’t really advantageous to people looking to legitimately run emulators and the likes on the console.

***In other words I give it about couple of weeks or 1-3 months before homebrew.

***Its a cat and mouse game from then on.

U&V~Ginks

U&V~Ginks
Administrator
Administrator

Not good news.........

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

U&V~Ginks wrote:Not good news.........

nope. Sad

U&V~Chef

U&V~Chef
Administrator
Administrator

so what are they able to do with the games they have hacked? I'm confused on the details.

Keptoknight

Keptoknight
U&V Member
U&V Member

U&V~Chef wrote:so what are they able to do with the games they have hacked? I'm confused on the details.

Since they are able to make their Wii-U play "back up or pirated games," it means the console's security have been bypassed and its just a matter of time before "Homebrew" is released. In my opinion I suspect the modding community already have homebrew established but do not want to release it yet to learn more about the console as they prepare for Nintendo's firmware updates.

Homebrew is what gives the player access to variety of programs to run unauthorized code on an otherwise closed system, thus makes it possible to hack games in the first place as well as enabling the choice for the user to activate cheats offline and online.

Nintendo responds, "Nintendo continuously monitors all threats to its products’ security and will use technology and will take the necessary legal steps to prevent the facilitation of piracy.”

But it is important to remember the modding community is composed of several groups competing with one another. So all this turns out to be a cat and mouse game.

Nintendo vs the modding/hacking community like the other consoles.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum